Saturday 28 January 2012

Bath Toy Bag & Laundry Bag

My baby boy got so many new bath toys for Christmas that the edge of the bath just wasn't big enough any more. I needed to make something to store them in and had loads of this sports mesh fabric in my stash which hopefully will be perfect for all of those wet toys. 
It was really easy to make. I just cut a rectangle of fabric and stitched this beautiful stripy bias binding which I found at a bootsale at either end to make a tunnel for the drawstring. The cord is just from one of those duffle style carrier bags.
 Then I tied it to a rail under the boiler cupboard and as you can see, there's still plenty of room for more toys!
Next I made a laundry bag for his room out of similar sports mesh but this time in bright green. I used an offcut of the fabric I used to make his curtains at the bottom of the bag. Again I sewed on bias binding to make a tunnel but this time I poked curtain wire through and joined the ends up with a split ring to hang from a hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment