Wednesday 1 February 2012

Sky Scarf so far

Here is my sky scarf so far. I look at the sky at 12 noon every day and then knit my row. I chose  12 o' clock because it is 2012 and I really felt I needed to do it at the same time every day. Having started though, I have really noticed how much the colour changes throughout the day, even at 12:15 it could be a different colour. So it doesn't really reflect the general weather conditions of the day. I could look up at 9am and see dark grey clouds and think that I'm gonna have a dark grey stripe, but then by noon the sky is bright blue and not a cloud in sight.
My husband thinks I should have chosen evening or early morning to look as then I would get a wider range of beautiful colours from the sunsets or sunrises and although I did consider this, I thought that 7 o'clock would be dark for a lot of the year, but there would be some interesting deep blues I suppose. 
We'll see how I get on with this one and maybe I'll do another one next year. At the moment I am loving this project and look forward to doing it every day as it only takes 3 or 4 minutes and there is no pressure to finish anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment